Do you have any new years resolutions? What are they?
I've never before set myself new years resolutions. Usually I review my life and set myself goals or new timelines as projects finish or as I feel I have a need for it... But this year I have. To be honest I have been thinking and reflecting over this issue for the last 10 days. I am at a point in my life where I needed a review, but even more so I NEED new goals and timelines.
So here it goes, my plans, intentions, wishes and goals for 2009:
- Studio: I got to get a studio again, no workspace for a year was incredibly challenging and a real damper on my work output - also for ages a good excuse not to be productive.
- Online Store: Even putting this into writing makes me nervous, I am the worst sales person ever and have been putting this off for months but I will in the next couple of months finally open a store- which brings me to my next point
- Sales: put much more effort into sales in general
- Charity: in 2008 the only project I done was one fundraiser, in compare to the previous 10years that is nothing ...in 2009 I will do much more again, I want to work towards the support of young underprivileged women in South Africa.
- Travelling:lots and lots of it- going home(Switzerland), to Istanbul, to Knysna, to ...any suggestions?
- Journals: I will start keeping an artists diary, and sketch at least every second day.
- Logo: I will work on my logo, labels, packaging... well just listen to the advice of my (all of them) graphic designer friends
- Health and Mind: I will look after my health and fitness, make time to be still and to enjoy myself
- Course: I finally will go to a jewellery course, i have this chip on my shoulder, since i never took even one class, i never feel my work is good enough- that is my take on remedying it
- Ravelry: I will finish my big throw and make my first cardigan and mittens
- Home: now this sounds odd- but I decided I want to be a better housewife- lol, I can't believe I am writing it down, but honestly I suck in the keeping up with the ironing department... so my resolution for 2009, lower ironing mountains :)
- Photos: I still got the photo bug- i think it is here to say, O is getting me a new camera, when I can decided which one I want... I will take one photo each day 365 photos for 2009
- Jewellery: Will produce 3 -4 collections in 2009
That's my huge list...Whats yours let us know!
I wish you a happy new year, full of joy, adventure and prosperity!