Friday, November 7, 2008

Times

Rainbow

As I sat sipping my coffee, I was watching the journey of the big fluffy clouds on the bright blue sky. The way the travelled across it, the shadows they leave on the three seemingly never changing, majestic peaks, that tower over the city bowl. I was thinking about my inability of being centred and still these days. I always seem to rush - then I looked at the trees, that are now covered in green leaves, watched the leaves move in the pleasant breeze, listen to them- but I got distracted by the cars driving up and down the road, and suddenly i realised that everybody around me was rushing. I sat there still, seemingly untouched by all the hussle and bussle. Thought about my own time, how I always was in a rush lately, and how time seems to always run by so quickly. I reflected on how I desired to be like the mountains, still and not effected by every breeze that life brings with it. I desire to be calm and centred and find time to stop and be still. 
Sometimes I am like that, I thought and as my glance fell on my watch I sprang up and rushed to my next meeting. Suddenly I wondered maybe it is these times rather than me? Doesn't it seem to you that the time is rushing by?

9 comments:

Mrs.French said...

sometimes it just feels good to be still...I need to do it more often...xo

aimee said...

OH! that rainbow!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful photo! Thank you for sharing :)

Time is flying by........

please sir said...

I know...stillness is such a wonderful gift!

bronwyn said...

What a spectacular photo, great, thoughtful post, thank you:)

Rachael Scott said...

OH do I know this!!!!! I constantly feel like a tornado! I am sending you a "calm down" hug from Florida! ))HUGS((

Luna Levy said...

I am always amazed by the incredible landscapes on your blog. How lucky you are to live in such a beautiful place!!

And thanks always for your comments, they brighten my day :)

avant garde design said...

haven't been to your blog in a few days and such lovely photos. amazing how i'm sitting in my little house in america on cape cod and can see whales jumping out of the water so far away from me! thanks for the nature treat as usual........i feel very relaxed after having visited your blog!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, it certainly feels as though it is rushing by... best find a net or set a wee trap... see if you can't catch yourself a little extra time.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin