Thursday, December 9, 2010

When visiting the Silvermine Nature Reserve, I don't only enjoy the astounding landscape and the stunning views...

lake

I love the wild flowers and plants that one can discover

geranium

There is something for everybody



from the gorgeous

gladiola

to the interesting

seeds

the familiar

protea

to the completely alien looking

budding


But the BEST thing is that on every visit

fence

I discover a new walk and

new discovery

a new (to me) plant!

Returning home, I am left feeling like a discoverer, wondering how it must have been when dark maned lions and quaggas roamed these hills!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

you have done a wonderful job capturing beauty!!!!

jane said...

these are stunning shots. i can almost feel the sunshine. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin