Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Enchanted Gardens

Every year late spring/ early summer I get enchanted by these

gladiola

red Gladiolus

Wild Gladiola

Wild Gladiolus

Red

sword Lilies

lilac



They are known as Gladiolus, wild Gladiolas and also as Sword lilies. A incredible 250 species are native to South Africa. They are so elegant, so delicate and incredibly colourful, even some of the more delicate hued ones. I have been admiring them everywhere, from the city centre to nature reserves, on the mountain and even o the side of the highway. (shhh don't tell anybody i made a photo there!)
I honestly prefer the wild ones to the more sumptuous carefully bread ones.
Guess what my sketch book will be filled with...

4 comments:

Cindy said...

these are lovely gladiolas! the colors are wonderful!

;) said...

I think I get enchanted as well by your beautiful photos. SOS Spring ;)

avant garde design said...

wowzers i LOVE what you've done to your blog! your background, your header, super gorgeous! i've been so busy with classes, haven't been by in a few, but catching up on your posts now...these flower images gave me a boost today. it's about 25 degrees out, soooo cold, and the ground is so winter hard, hate it! for now, i'll enjoy your beautiful blooms ;)

t does wool said...

gorgeous place...and happy new year asiye~

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin