Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kelim

Some knitting that was done a couple of weeks ago

Kelim

They actually 'toe-up easy as comes' - kneehigh's, the 'i adjusted the pattern as i knitted'- kind . But the yarn- well The yarn is so so special. It is Nurturing Fibres Sock Club Yarn, Autumn 2010. The theme was Kelim. Carle made a 40m warp and used several different dyeing techniques to get the effect she desired. I could not believe it when I knitted it up, just pure magic.It knitted up into a patterned soft fabric, and to see the patterns unfold is seriously addictive! So Carle did it again! Her yarn just took my breath away.
Oh and did i mention that I love the socks? They fit perfectly are soft and warm. And doesn't the pattern just look amazing?

more details can be found here

15 comments:

Jesse said...

Amazing....

Line said...

wow what a great project!!

WonderWhyGal said...

Beautiful! To dye with that purpose is amazing. Your socks are gorgeous.

Linda said...

What stunning socks! I love them:) Carle' is amazing with her dyeing. Is there a sock pattern somewhere, I think I must knit my kelim into socks too now that I have seen how amazing yours are:)
Take care
Linda

Unknown said...

Yum! Socks are my favorite thing to knit!

Theresa said...

Very nice. Come see my cool rock music giveaway.

Line said...

I would be happy if you would play along, Silence on tourne, more on my blog!!

Cheers!!

Cindy said...

those socks are unbelievable! wow! i love socks, too!

t does wool said...

Asiye...wow...what gorgeous socks!!
hope you are having a great summer

lauren carney said...

hello lovely one!
i'm swooning over your fanciful pictures and am simply delighted by your blog!
thank-you for such splendid posts! x

Valentina Harper said...

Super! those socks rocks ;)

avant garde design said...

those are super fun socks my friend! i would wear them out! love them...;) enjoy your sunday!

;) said...

A really nice work

Redeker said...

Hi, I really like your blog! I have enjoyed scrolling through it!

Carle said...

thanks for your lovely post!

do you have time for coffeeless coffee today? if you do, please call.
xx
Carle

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin